Laws Regarding Unpaid Wages

The Unpaid Wages Act:

In California, the Labor Code protects workers’ rights on the job. These rights include the right to receive wages for the hours worked. Nevertheless, some companies may violate the codes, which means that employees are not paid for all hours worked. Some employers intentionally underpay their employees, while others do so unintentionally. In either case, non-payment of wages can be detrimental, as workers rely on their earnings to support their families, pay bills, and maintain their standard of living.

Legal Issues Relating to Unpaid Wages:

Employers often fail to pay Unpaid overtime Lawyer Los Angeles wages when they misclassify or title their employees in order to avoid paying them. Nevertheless, just because someone is titled as a manager or contractor does not mean they are not entitled to overtime compensation. Similarly, if a worker earns a salary or commission instead of hourly pay, this does not mean he or she is not entitled to minimum wage and/or overtime pay. This can be abused by employers by having their salaried employees work more than 40 hours per week/ 8 hours per day and not compensating them properly for their work. There may be employees who don’t realize they are entitled to overtime pay or a minimum standard wage for the time they work. According to the California Labor Code, unpaid wages are a violation, and the employer is responsible for paying back-pay and additional penalties.

The following are some of the services an employment lawyer can provide:

When you notice that your paycheck does not contain proper compensation for wages worked or if you are unsure as to whether you are entitled to overtime pay, you can consult a labor law attorney who can evaluate your situation for you. It doesn’t matter if you are owed unpaid wages as the result of an hourly rate below the minimum wage, unpaid overtime, or misclassification of your job title. An experienced attorney can help resolve this issue with your employer so that you get all the pay that you are entitled to. If your employer intentionally underpaid you, you may be eligible for back pay, interest, and additional compensation as a penalty. In addition to being entitled to receive back pay, you may also be entitled to compensation for any damages you sustain due to unpaid wages. An employment lawyer can assist you with these claims.

We can refer you to a lawyer:

Contact Attorney Search Network to speak with an experienced labour law attorney if you were denied overtime pay, breaks, or were unjustly classified so that your employer could escape paying your wages.

We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the employment law information above. You can reach our Employment Law lawyer referral service by calling (800) 215-1190 or completing our online form.