A proposed spending plan totaling $40.3 million for 2021-22 in the School District of Fort Atkinson was advanced for presentation to electors at the annual meeting Aug. 19.
At its frequent conference Thursday, board of schooling members voted unanimously to ahead the proposed shelling out strategy.
To fund the funds, an accompanying house tax levy totaling $18,825,053 will be submitted to electors for acceptance at the yearly meeting. The levy sum is up 4%, or $723,401, from this year’s levy of $18,101,652.
The projected tax fee for upcoming 12 months is $10.96 per $1,000 of equalized home valuation, up 15 cents from the existing calendar year.
Director of Enterprise Providers Jason Demerath offered the preliminary funds for the future university yr at last month’s typical board conference.
The projection from the district’s April 2020 referendum arranging, he claimed, bundled a $75 for each pupil enhance on the earnings limit and a $75 for every pupil increase in categorical assist.
On the other hand, centered on the state’s 2021-23 biennial spending plan — not too long ago signed into regulation by Gov. Evers — as opposed to acquiring $75 per pupil in each and every of these two revenue resources, Demerath stated the district in this finances will see no improve in allowable earnings from the point out for area public universities.
The business director also looked at the preliminary tax levy projection.
“We are projecting a tax levy in the general fund ($17,852,453) of about $200,000 significantly less than 2020-21,” Demerath mentioned. “That $200,000 has moved down to the Non-Referendum Credit card debt Assistance line to pay back the personal debt expenses for the significant university strength efficiency and routine maintenance initiatives.
“We then task a tax levy of $772,600 for our referendum debt payments, of which we only have a few of decades left of payments,” he included. “This final results in a overall tax levy of $18.8 million which translates to a projected tax amount of $10.96.”
Also Thursday, the board:
• Permitted the adhering to full-time appointments, effective at the commencing of the 2021-22 university 12 months, and contingent upon launch from present-day contracts, and on completion and satisfactory benefits of the preplacement overall health screenings and background checks: Mike Czerwonka, social worker at Fort Atkinson Center School Jessica Ehlers, quality 1 trainer at Luther Elementary College Tracey Koeppen, English Learners teacher at Purdy Elementary College Kimberly Kerr, quality 1 instructor at Luther Elementary and Stephanie Ramer, social employee at Fort Atkinson Significant School.
• Approved the transfer ask for, effective at the commencing of the 2021-22 college yr, for Brenda Noll, from comprehensive-time cross-categorical instructor at the large college to entire-time actions interventionist at Luther and Rockwell Elementary schools.
• Recognized the resignation ask for of Manson Morris, complete-time arithmetic instructor, effective at the finish of the 2020-21 school yr. He was thanked for his five many years of provider and devotion to the pupils and group.
• Accredited the agreement of a 1.23% Consumer Selling price Index pay back maximize with the Fort Atkinson Education Association (FEA) for the 2021-22 deal 12 months, contingent on FEA ratification.
• Adopted the subsequent tutorial requirements to be in outcome in the Faculty District of Fort Atkinson for the 2021-22 college yr: Mathematics: Wisconsin Standards for Mathematics Science: Wisconsin Expectations for Science Studying and producing: Wisconsin Standards for English Language Arts and Geography and history: Wisconsin Benchmarks for Social Scientific tests.
University administration also notifies moms and dads and guardians of district learners of these board-adopted tutorial specifications.
• Approved as extensions of board policy and for use in the upcoming faculty 12 months the general and supplemental college student/parent handbooks for Barrie, Luther, Purdy and Rockwell Elementary Schools, Fort Atkinson Center School, Fort Atkinson Large Faculty, Fort Atkinson Significant University Athletic Code of Perform, and distinctive schooling procedural safeguards.
• Accepted the district’s 2020-21 seclusion and restraint report.
• Permitted conducting the August board meeting on Thursday, Aug. 19, beginning at 5:30 p.m., just prior to the once-a-year meeting.