Google Chrome carries on to be my desired website browser in late 2022. For the past pair many years, I’ve been applying a faculty-furnished MacOS M1 MacBook Air laptop as my “everyday driver” computer system. Again in June 2015, I wrote the post, 𔄟 Indispensable Google Chrome Extensions.” This is my update for November 2022, seven many years afterwards! These are Chrome extensions I use day by day, with the exception of Zotero, which I just use when I am crafting much more formally (in 1 of my books, for example) and have to have to build formatted citations.
I want to share these Chrome extensions with my center college media literacy students, so I produced a webpage on my new media literacy curriculum and lessons web site for “Google Chrome Extensions.” Below’s my checklist, with a small description of each and every. All of these are Free.
- UBlock Origin: A totally free and mild-bodyweight (doesn’t demand substantially memory) advert blocker.
- Earth View from Google Earth: Shows a unique impression from Google Earth every single time you open a new tab or window in Chrome.
- Extensity: Promptly transform Chrome Extensions on or off.
- Tab Suspender: Conserve memory in your web browser / on your computer system by “suspending” unused tabs mechanically.
- ColorZilla: Speedily copy the HTML coloration code from any section of a webpage.
- Zotero: Produce formatted citations for performs cited / bibliography references. Needs individual computer software download / put in.
- Help save to Pocket: Help save a webpage write-up into your “Pocket” listing for afterwards distraction-no cost studying..
What Chrome browser extensions would make your private “prime seven record” that I did not include below?
If you loved this submit and uncovered it beneficial, subscribe to Wes’ totally free newsletter. Check out Wes’ video tutorial library, “Playing with Media.” Info about more means to discover with Dr. Wesley Fryer are offered on wesfryer.com/following.