In case you are trying to convince your management team or CEO that you need an applicant tracking system, or if you are looking for a better way to manage resume tracking software and candidates, here are the top 10 benefits of hiring an applicant tracking system.
1. As well as posting your jobs on your public job board, consider posting them on multiple third-party job boards
Post a position on major job boards such as Indeed, Google Jobs, LinkedIn Limited Postings, Glassdoor, JuJu, Monster, CareerBuilder, and social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) in just a few clicks. Consistently brand your job postings across sites such as your own website and job boards.
2. Provide candidates with an easy and quick way to apply for jobs
Creating an application that is easy and accessible to candidates will allow them to apply to your organisation quickly and easily. A candidate tracking system can help you appeal to the maximum number of qualified candidates in today’s competitive market.
3. You can manage your candidates all in one place and manage the entire recruitment process via a custom workflow
Multiple email folders and Excel spreadsheets are a thing of the past. Your workflow can be customised by using an ATS to match your current process.
4. Identify the most qualified candidates right away, and don’t waste time on those that aren’t a good fit
Pre-screening questions should be used to eliminate unqualified candidates and to prioritise the best ones based on automatic scoring. Review interviewer feedback systematically to pinpoint high-priority candidates so you can quickly make an offer.
5. Use automation to automate routine tasks
Candidate notifications should be sent. Make an appointment to interview. Receive feedback from interviews. Provide ratings. By automating all of these functions and more, an ATS allows recruiters to focus on the highest value-added activities.
6. Improve compliance and reporting
Update management on the pipelines of candidates for each job and the effectiveness of different job boards. Maintain compliance with the EEO/OFCCP guidelines while capturing, tracking, and reporting voluntary EEO data.
7. Streamline the onboarding of new employees
The onboarding process should be initiated automatically once a candidate has accepted an offer. Ensure that paperwork is completed, initial meetings are scheduled, IT services are set up, and more using the system!
8. Meet your new employee’s virtual assistant
With a hire portal with username and password, you can provide your new employees with secure access to all relevant information and assign them all tasks.
9. Eliminate all paperwork associated with employee onboarding
New hire paperwork such as state and federal tax forms, health insurance plans, employee manuals, training videos, etc. can be assigned easily. All items should be completed and signed online.
10. Reduce friction by improving communication
Scheduling interviews and gathering feedback will no longer require chasing interviewers. Candidate notifications are no longer necessary. You can easily update management on your progress. Use the applicant tracking system.